During the 1999-2000 school year, two California school districts participated in Gemstone's Dynamic Vision Training© program.
More than 2,000 students were assessed. About 20 percent had refractive errors or signs that required further examination -- they were referred to eye doctors in the community for a complete exam.
Many others showed problems with eye tracking, teaming or focusing that could potentially be helped through Dynamic Vision Training©. The schools decided which students they would enroll based on:
- Reading performance
- Perceived need by teachers/administrators
- Resources available (space and time)
About 230 were referred for Dynamic Vision Training© and completed 20 - 30 sessions. In each school:
- Between 50 and 90 percent reported that their eyes "felt better."
- Between 40 and 81 percent reported "reading is easier."
- More than 80 percent of all students said they would recommend the program to other students.
- 76 - 98 percent improved their ability to focus.
- 67 - 84 percent improved their "eye teaming," how well the eyes work together.
- 80 - 90 percent improved their "eye tracking," the speed and accuracy with which the eyes move.
- All students increased their visual efficiency.
- The number of anomalous (abnormal) eye movements decreased.
Most importantly, reading levels improved
by as much as 3.5 grade levels!
Put Dynamic Vision Training© to work for your students today. Call 510/799-0234, request more information, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.